Just because you're eloping doesn't mean it has to end quickly and have it not feel special. You have the ability to make your elopement last all day! But how about making it feel special? There are ways to make your elopement the best day ever by incorporating things that can be special to you! Here's a few ideas: 👇
1) Read letters from family - Even though you can totally bring your family along on your elopement, perhaps you would rather it be just the two of you for a "just us" experience. Reading letters from your family can make it seem like they were right there with you, and you can both read the special words they wrote just for you.
2) Sing to eachother - Or surprise them with a song you wrote! It's about having fun just being present with eachother.
3) Pop champagne - Can't go wrong with popping a bottle of champagne to celebrate! 🍾 Then imagine watching the sunset from a mountaintop as you sip away.
4) First dance - Elopements for sure can include a first dance! Pick a spot with a gorgeous view and dance the night away together! Have your favorite songs play on a bluetooth speaker and just have a blast together!
5) Video chat family and friends - If you wanted to include more guests later, this would be a great way for them to be able to watch you get married somewhere more remote, or if you chose the "just us" experience, this would be a great way to incorporate those closest to you, while still having the freedom of just the two of you alone together.
6) Do something you've always wanted to do - What could be more special than doing something you've always wanted to do together? Eloping is the best because it gives you the freedom to experience some amazing things together as your wedding day. Whether that be flying in a helicopter to a mountain peak or going off-roading in a Jeep, the things that you have never done before often end up as some of your fondest memories.
7) Incorporate something meaningful - Elopements have so many opportunities for you to incorporate what you love and cherish the most! Use special items to help tell your unique story, like special jewelry that was given to you, or use flowers in your bouquet that was a family member's favorite. Or include something bigger to remind you of a family member, like this truck in the photo below. The options are endless!
Eloping can be such a fun and special day for the both of you! What things would you incorporate to personalize your day with to make your day special?